Mon, Aug 02|
6 Day Yoga Eco Retreat
Our back-to-the-roots RETREAT is an affordable 6 day immersion in nature, outdoor living, yoga, meditation, learning about sustainability and permaculture on an off-grid project.
Time & Location
Aug 02, 2021, 5:00 PM GMT+1 – Aug 07, 2021, 12:00 PM GMT+1
Zeebarn, R. do Coval, 2640 Barril Encarnação, Portugal
About the event
Our back-to-the-roots RETREAT is an affordable 6 days immersion in nature, outdoor living, yoga, meditation, learning about sustainability and permaculture on an off-grid project. Read the full program here.
About Zee Barn:
ZEE BARN is an ecological project 10 minutes North of Ericeira town. The Center is a sustainable project showcasing a regenerative design for ecological living. Zee is a peaceful haven for those wishing to connect deeper with themselves and Mother Earth.
The Zee Barn Services :
- The Yoga Barn and Meditation Shala
- Productive Forest Gardens: tasty fruits and vegetables.
- Magic walks in the forest near the land and beautiful beaches with surfing waves (10 minutes away )
- Massages: during your stay, you can book a relaxing oil massage
- An outdoor and inside chill-out area
- Outside hot showers and compost toilets
- A community kitchen and dining room in a cozy wooden house
- Accommodation is simple and comfortable with the focus on enjoying the lush green surrounds. It consists of the Barn Dormitory (12 beds)
- The village center of Barril is just a short walk (10 minutes away). Barril has all the amenities one might need, from a stationary, ATM, Laundrette, Restaurants as well as a minimarket with an adjacent nice cafe that also serves smoothies and juices.
- You can choose to book and share an Uber to visit the close beaches, the Mafra Palace or Sintra's Castles and forest.
*** On your arrival we will give you a tour of the site and explain the eco & permaculture principles of the ZEE BARN project including the compost toilets, our Zoned Gardens, recycling programs, and Zee's vision.
*** The site is cigarette, alcohol, and drug-free and is a vegetarian site. Guests are asked to maintain calm from 9.30 pm until morning, being mindful that the ZEE BARN is a place of relaxation and reflection in nature.
- Twice daily yoga and meditation classes. (With options for beginners through to experienced practitioners). We Will practice different types of yoga such as Hatha-Vinyasa, Ashtanga, Yin and Restorative Yoga.
- We source much of the menu from our organic garden and work with local suppliers to ensure our food is fresh, locally produced and organic as much as possible.
- All meals are vegan and as well following the principles of MACROBIOTICS and SLOW. The menus are prepared according to sattvic principles to promote healing and to lighten the body, mind and spirit. Every meal includes gluten free options and if you have any specific allergies just let us know when you confirm your booking.
- For all guests there is a selection of herbal teas, fruits and nuts available throughout the day.
- Optional daily activities on a range of topics surrounding permaculture and sustainable living.
- Exploring the permaculture land and vision for a new food forest with our permaculture teacher Peppi.
- Free time for relaxing, surfing, reading, sunbathing, hammock relaxation and exploring the local area that offers beautiful walks in nature and amazing sunsets at the beach.
Treat yourself to an ECO ZEE BARN YOGA RETREAT and be rewarded with growth in your yoga practice, a renewed sense of wellness in body, mind and spirit plus the inspiration to maintain a more holistically, healthy, sustainable lifestyle !
Should you wish to book this event directly (and save the 10 euro website booking fee) please feel free to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use this email for other inquiries regarding this event.
Current investment is 490 euros
About our teachers :
Julia is a french and american yoga teacher who started to practice twelve years ago different types of yoga and body movement activities while travelling and teaching in different parts of the world like Paris, New-York, San Francisco, Shanghai and Barcelona where she lives now. She teaches Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin and Restorative Yoga.
"Having grown up in a spiritual environment, I felt connected to Yoga since childhood. I think Yoga is a precious knowledge that can be learned and studied for a lifetime, my yoga practice is helping me deeply on an everyday basis to live in full harmony and I am so grateful to be able to share this knowledge with others. To experience what I would call the yoga “magic”, we only need our body, presence and motivation. It is a profound physical and spiritual experience."
Melania is originally from Tuscany, Italy but she has a nomadic soul. She was two years old when she discovered India for the first time, playing with monkeys and Indian kids in Kerala.
Thanks to her unconventional family she has been absorbed since her young age into Oriental culture, Indian tradition, and Macrobiotic diet and philosophy.
In 2008 she left Italy, moved by an inner call to go for deeper Spiritual growth.
Since then she has been living and traveling in several countries all around the world learning on various Permaculture Projects where she discovered an inner joy and power in connecting with mother earth.
Melania loves to take care of the Zee gardens and the Zee kitchen where she
cooks creative, colorful Macrobiotic vegan dishes mostly made with our vegetables and herbs.
She believes that the universal energies of nature are absorbed through the
foods we eat and transmute into our thoughts, emotions, and actions.
Melania is also a committed yoga student, practitioner, and teacher. Her desire to
learn and teach yoga took her to India a number of times but she finally completed
her 800 h yogic studies in 2017 in Australia at the Byron Yoga Centre with her senior teacher John Ogilvie.
Tapas, discipline is a natural attitude in her approach to practice. She has been practicing Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Mysore Style in her early mornings for the last three years, following the guidance of her Indian teacher Sharmila Desai in Morjim, Goa.
Peppi is originally from the island of Malta. He is an experienced ecological designer, a certified permaculturist, alternative farmer, teacher, consultant, and also the founder of the Permaculture Research Foundation for Malta. He is the visionary behind the Bahrija Oasis project Malta which was an ambitious permaculture project on a dry, windy, and arid landscape since 18 years ago. His vision & design has bloomed the landscape with carefully designed & naturally occurring biodiversity and attracted many individuals, groups, reporters & documentary filmmakers.
Peppi has also ignited the vision for ZEE and he is now busy planting the forest, saving seeds, building interesting structures, growing food, teaching, sometimes surfing, and reaching out to others who form part of the Zee Community
Day 1 - ArrivalsZeebarn
Day 2 - Balance DayZeebarn
This ticket includes all activities, accommodation and meals at Zeebarn.€490.00+€12.25 service fee
This is for people who want to stay in one of our tents. The price is per person, maximum 2 people if you are a couple.€480.00+€12.00 service fee